Partners: On Trauma
Some years ago, we spent an entire year focusing on the topic of trauma. So much has changed in the intervening years that we thought it was time to turn our attention back to trauma for this Winter 2019 edition of Partners.
As adoptive and foster parents, you are truly on the front line of trauma informed care. So we look to you for your thoughts about the articles included in this quarter’s newsletter. What questions do you still have about providing the best care for children and youth who have experienced trauma? What further supports do you wish were available to you along your journey? Please remember that we are always only a phone call or email away. It’s okay to need help sometimes and it’s okay to ask for what you need.
In this edition of Partners, you’ll find articles about:
- Embracing Your Family No Matter What
- The Impact of Trauma on Your Child’s Brain Development
- My Adoption Journey: One Woman’s Story
- Safe to Learn: Trauma Sensitive Schools
- Resources for further support