GIFTS: Giving Incredible Families Tools for Success
Short-term Case Management Program
Through the Wisconsin Family Connections Center, a short-term case management program (GIFTS – Giving Incredible Families Tools for Success) is available to those who meet the eligibility requirements. The GIFTS Program is designed for caregivers with adoption or out-of-home care experience who are identified as having a high need for services. Families may self-refer or be referred by a community service member.
What is case management?
Voluntary, short-term case management services include but are not limited to:
- Providing ongoing support via phone, online, or in-person
- Administering family needs assessments and parent/caregiver stress assessments
- Co-creating plans to work on targeted concerns
- Providing individualized parent/caregiver skill development & coaching to increase caregiver’s skill levels
- Making service referrals based on the families’ assessed needs
Who is eligible?
- Service recipients of the program are identified as any post-adoptive, post-guardianship, and/or reunified family
- Service recipients will reside in Wisconsin
- Service recipients acknowledge that participating is strictly voluntary and caregivers must be willing to engage in the program
- Service recipients acknowledge that the program is not intended for families who wish to have a child removed from their care
- Service recipients acknowledge that the program is supportive and educational in nature and is not designed to take the place of counseling services
Have questions? Please contact the Wisconsin Family Connections Center at 1-800-762-8063.