This page includes resources, information, and links to help support you and your family. If you have additional questions or would like to speak with a member of our team, please give us a call at 800-762-8063.
- Celebrating the Holidays with the Children You Foster
- Communicating about Kids in Care: Understanding Stigmas and Stereotypes
- Foster Parents & Social Workers: Allies and Advocates for Youth in Care
- Fostering Pre-school Aged Children
- Fostering a Child Whose Parent is in Jail or Prison
- Fostering a Child Whose Sibling(s) Live Elsewhere
- Fostering Children & Youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Fostering Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs
- Fostering Older Youth
- Fostering Success
- Helping Children and Youth in Care Achieve School Success
- Helping Children in Care Build Trusting Relationships
- Helping Kids in Care Change Schools
- Helping Teens in Care Transition to Adulthood
- Letting Go: Coping with Reunification Anxieties
- Preparing the Kids in Your Home for Fostering
- Respecting Confidentiality
- Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Supporting Kids from Families Who Are Affected by Drugs
- Supporting LGBTQIA+ Youth in Your Care
- Supporting Teens Leaving Care
- Ten Tips to Survive an Allegation
- The Challenges of Foster Care: Grief and Loss
- Under the Microscope: Maltreatment Allegations
- Ways to Help Children and Youth in Care
- What Grief Looks Like for Children and Youth in Foster Care
- You Hold the Missing Piece of the Puzzle: The Importance of Documentation
The No Matter What Families YouTube channel is created and maintained by the Coalition for Children, Youth & Families. It is designed to encourage families to seek help and support when they feel hopeless and alone. The website features real stories from real people, ultimately providing inspiration to help struggling families make connections that will help build their strength and resilience.
The Wisconsin Foster Family Handbook is a guide that includes basic information about foster care in Wisconsin. It is written specifically for new foster families but can also serve as a good source of information for experienced foster parents, as well.
In the Handbook, you will find:
- An overview of the foster care program.
- Information about your role and the expectations of foster parents.
- A discussion about the care of children in foster care.
- Information about the critical nature of working with birth families.
- Information about the crucial importance of self-care as a foster family.
- Tools and resource lists about a variety of specific topics.